Bank and Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee
On this page:
Most applicants, including children, are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their U.S. visa application. This US Government-mandated fee is a visa processing fee that is payable whether or not a visa is issued.
The MRV fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Applicants should first determine whether or not they require a visa to travel to the US before submitting their applications.
Examples of individuals that may not require a visa include, but are not limited to:
- If you are applying for an A or G visa for official travel, you do not need to pay the MRV fee
- If you are applying for a J visa to participate in a U.S. Government-sponsored program (programs beginning with G-1, G-2, G-3, G-7), you do not need to pay the MRV fee
- If you already hold a valid visa for your intended purpose of travel, you may not need a visa
- If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda (but not applying for an A, E, G, K or V visa category), you may not need a visa
If you do need to apply for a visa, please follow the payment instructions below. Applicants must make a successful payment before they are permitted to schedule their interview appointment. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
Once the initial interview is scheduled, applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointment. If you miss your scheduled appointment time, you may be required to pay the MRV fee again in order to schedule another interview. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay an additional visa application fee. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Remember: Applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointments. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay another visa application fee. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Issuance Fee (Reciprocity Fee)
Depending on your citizenship and the type of visa you are applying for, you may also have to pay a visa issuance or “reciprocity” fee. This fee is not an MRV Fee and cannot be used to schedule an appointment. Please make sure that you pay the reciprocity fee in advance only if you are renewing your previous and submitting your application through interview waiver channel. If you are scheduling your interview appointment, do not pay the reciprocity fee in advance; the fee should be paid at the time of your interview at the Consular Section of U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.
Please check this page to find out the applicable reciprocity fee amounts.
Instructions to Pay Your Visa fee
There are two options to pay your MRV visa fee, online with a credit card or with cash at select Bank Muscat branches. Each of these options is paid within our online applicant system. You must first register on the applicant site and choose the Schedule Your Appointment option to access the payment options. See below for the steps. If you are paying for a group of applicants visit the group appointment page.
Log-in to our online applicant system and create a profile. This will ensure the proper amount is paid and activated in timely manner. Values are shown in U.S. Dollars (USD); however the Fee payable is in Omani Rial (OMR). This page has more information about the different visa application fees.
Click on the Schedule My Appointment option on the left-hand side of your screen. Complete steps for Visa Type, Post, Visa Category and Visa Class.
Once you are on the Payment screen, click on Payment Options. For additional information on paying with a specific method, review the Credit Card and Cash at Bank sections.
The OMR amounts are based on the consular currency exchange rate determined by the U.S. Department of State. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
Pick your preferred method of payment and pay your visa fee. When you pay the visa fee, you acknowledge that this is a non-refundable visa application processing fee required as a prerequisite to the processing of an application. It does not indicate the existence of a contract with the applicant, nor does it guarantee a successful application. There is no refund possible regardless of the outcome of this application.
If you pay at the bank you will need the ref. transaction number which can be found on the payment receipt provided by the bank to schedule your visa appointment. It cannot be replaced if it is lost.
Once you pay your visa fee, schedule your appointment online. Payment by credit card will activate quicker than paying in-person at Bank Muscat. Log-in to your profile and complete the Schedule Your Appointment steps with your ref. transaction number.
Fee Payment Options
The most convenient payment method for your nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application fee is online with a credit card. Once you log into your profile, you will be given the opportunity to pay by credit card on the payment screen.
After you have paid the visa application fee, you will be prompted to schedule your interview.
Visa Fees are not refundable. If you have encountered an error with your payment or you believe your payment was not successful, DO NOT PAY THE FEE A SECOND TIME AS IT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. Please email our support center at support-Oman@ustraveldocs.com with your concern and we will investigate. Be aware that if you request a chargeback that reverses the charge or payment, your case will be promptly investigated which may lead to fines and/or other legal action.
Cash at Muscat Bank
You can pay your nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application fee in cash at select Bank Muscat branches.
- Before going to the bank you must print and carry the applicable U.S. visa deposit slips (available after logging into your profile). Do not print multiple copies of the same deposit slip. If you print a deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, take note of the expiration date on the deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to the website and click the appropriate link to generate a new deposit slip. Commercial Bank will NOT accept payments based on expired deposit slips.
- Take the deposit slip to the bank when you pay your fee. Cheques are not accepted.
- Be sure that you pay the exact amount indicated on the deposit slip. After receiving your payment, the cashier will give you a receipt. Save the bank receipt for your records. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will need the ref. transaction number on the bank receipt to schedule your visa appointment.
Scheduling Your Interview
Whether you schedule your appointment online or contact our call center, you will need the ref. transaction number printed on your receipt provided by Bank Muscat if you paid in-person. See the example below circled in red.
Cash at Muscat Bank
|Payment Method||Interview Scheduling||Number for Scheduling Interview|
|Cash at Bank||11:00am next business day||Ref. transaction number|
|Credit Card||Instant||Not applicable|