You are here: Home / Visas for Children

Visas for Children

On this page:


All Polish travelers, including children, need a visa to travel to the United States. Children under age 14, who are Polish citizens residing in Poland do not need to be fingerprinted and do not need to appear in person for their appointment.

The child's application and all required documents can be submitted through the procedures for Applying for a Visa without Interview.

Requirements for Applying for a Visa without Interview:

Step 1
Pay the visa application fee.

Step 2
Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.

Step 3
Register on this web page. You must answer the waiver of interview questions online or contact the call center in order to qualify. Upon qualifying you will receive detailed instructions on how to deliver your documents.

You will need three pieces of information in order to register online:

  • Your passport number
  • The receipt number (Click here if you need help finding this number).
  • The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page starting with letters AA.

Step 4

Deliver following documents to TNT Location:

    • A printed copy of the child’s Interview Waiver Confirmation Letter with UID number
    • Document Submission Letter. Click here to print it. Complete the checklist manually.
    • DS-160 confirmation page
    • One recent photograph if you did not upload your photo to DS-160 form or uploaded photo does not meet the requirements.
    • Passport and all old passports with valid U.S. visa.
    • If the child’s parents have valid visa a copy of a parent’s visa should be included with the application for children applying for a visa.   
      • If both parents have visas, we recommend that copies of both visas be included in the application. Parents should be clear on the child’s application whether one or both parents plan to travel whit the child.
      • If the child is traveling without parents please include a letter with explanation why a child is traveling alone or with other accompanying person, whom the child is going to visit in the U.S, etc.                                         
    • In cases where the parent’s surname is different from the child’s, a copy of the birth certificate or adoption decree should be included.

Step 5

TNT Express delivers your documents to the Embassy without any additional cost.

Step 6
When the Embassy/Consulate is ready they will hand over your documents to TNT Express. 

Processing of your application may take up to 10 business days. Please note that we reserve the right to request a personal interview of any applicant.

Child Travelers

Due to the increasing incidents of child abductions and abuse, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that if the child is accompanied by only one parent or a guardian, the adult should have a note from the other parent or both parents. CBP recommends the note should be written in English, notarized and stating: “I acknowledge that my husband/wife/other person is traveling with my son/daughter out of the country and has my permission to do so.”

The parents can also consider providing power of attorney to the temporary guardian in case of any unforeseen medical emergency while in the United States. If there is no second parent with legal claims to the child (deceased, sole custody, etc.), any other relevant paperwork, such as a court decision, birth certificate naming only one parent, death certificate, etc., would be useful.