Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A, G and NATO visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials, their dependents, and their domestic employees, for official travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

Applications for A, G or NATO visas must be submitted to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate Consular Section. A diplomatic note or official request from the sponsoring agency/government must accompany all A, G and NATO applications.

Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site, as it will not be refunded.

More Information

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas. You will find more specific information about A, G, and C-3 visas, here.