Sites My Iv Lpr Edit Page Source Apply for a U.S. Visa | Immigrant Visa Information - Malaysia (English)

Lawful Permanent Residents

SB-1 Visas: Returning Residents

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa (SB-1) to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.  SB-1 applicants must contact the U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur’s Immigrant Visa Unit at to schedule an initial appointment at the Embassy to determine eligibility, and, if found qualified, will be asked to appear for a second interview.

You must have evidence in both interviews that extreme circumstances beyond your control prevented your return to the United States. Whether or not an officer approves your application at either interview, the Embassy cannot refund either fee.  SB-1 applicants are strongly encouraged to contact us for an initial interview at least three months before their date of intended travel to the U.S.

Click here for more SB-1 visa information.

I-407: Abandonment of LPR (Green Card)

The US Embassy in Kuala Lumpur does not process I-407 applications. Please refer to the this website for information on filing the I-407.

​ ​ Wrap lines Learn more about defining content regions