Visas for applicants under 14 and over 80
Please review this information for the requirements of nonimmigrant visa interview waiver for applicants under 14 years of age and over 80 years of age applied at any U.S Consular office in India (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Kolkata).
Applicants under 14 years of age or over 80 years of age from the date of submission are not required to appear for a nonimmigrant visa interview at any Embassy/Consulate in India. Such applicants may submit their visa applications through the Interview Waiver. All other rules, requirements and fees for those under 14 years of age and over 80 years of age remain in effect.
All applicants must include the following documents when submitting their applications:
- Applicant's current and all old passports
- A completed DS-160 confirmation page.
- A visa fee receipt for the current visa application .
- Children under 14 years of age must submit a photocopy of each parent’s passport biographic information page and valid U.S. visa. If the parents do not hold U.S. visas, the children are not eligible for the interview waiver.
- Accompanying guardians or parents can carry their children's documents with one hard copy photograph, as per the photo requirements.
Note: Parents having the appointment scheduled together with the child under 14 years of age should submit the required above documents during the time of their Interview at Embassy/Consulate. Visa issuance for those not appearing in person is not guaranteed. The Embassy /Consulate may in some cases, after reviewing an application, require the child to appear in person.