Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A-1, A-2, and G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

Applications for A-1 and A-2 visas for Honduran nationals must be submitted to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section through the Ministry of Foreign Relations, or Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores. Third country national applications for A-1 and A-2 visas may be submitted by courier to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section from accredited diplomatic missions in Honduras. A diplomatic note must accompany all A-1 and A-2 visa applications.

Applications for G-1 through G-4 visa applications must be accompanied by a diplomatic note or, for international organizations, an official letter requesting the issuance of a G visa. Applications for A-1 and A-2 and G-1 through G-4 visas may be submitted directly to the U.S. Embassy consular section at 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site, as it will not be refunded.

More Information

For more information, click here or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

Domestic employees of employers assigned to an international or bilateral mission applying for an A-3 or G-5 visa (A, G or NATO visa holders) are not required to pay the MRV fee, nor schedule an appointment, since they can appear at the Consular Section at 1 p.m. Tuesdays or Thursdays with the suggested documentation for their interview.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.