Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


A-1, A-2, C-3 and G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to or through the United States. Generally, the classification of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

Applications for A-1, A-2, C-3 and G-1 through G-4 visas must be submitted to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section through the Guatemalan Ministry of Foreign Affairs ]. Third country national applications for A-1 and A-2 visas may be submitted by courier to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section from accredited diplomatic missions in Guatemala. A diplomatic note must accompany all A-1, A-2, C-3 and G1 through G-4 visa applications

Applications for G-1 through G-4 visas may be submitted directly to the U.S. Embassy consular section. All G-1 through G-4 visa applications must be accompanied by a diplomatic note or, for international organizations, an official letter requesting the issuance of a G visa. Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site, as it will not be refunded.

Applicants for official and diplomatic visas of the Government of Guatemala, official holders, diplomats or ordinary passports traveling to the United States or other countries in an official capacity (visas A-1, A-2, C-3 visas); diplomatic officers assigned to foreign embassies in Guatemala, holders of diplomatic or regular passports, applying for diplomatic, official or unofficial visa (visas A-2, C-3, B1/B2, etc ....); and employees of international organizations traveling to the United States in an official capacity (G-4 visas) may submit their application directly at the consular section at the window 11, Monday to Thursday, except the third Thursday of the month and day official holidays, at 02:00 pm must have:

  1. Verbal Note of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassy or international organization requesting the visa, explaining if the applicant has been assigned to the United States for temporary or traveling on official business. It should indicate the dates and reason for specific books.
  2. The confirmation sheet of the visa application form DS-160. The form is in https://ceac.state.gov/genniv
  3. A recent photograph taken within the last six months. The specifications are in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gt/gt-niv-photoinfo.asp
  4. Valid passport.
  5. If the applicant had a previous visa of the same class will apply, which has not expired, shall submit the same for physical cancellation.

Diplomatic officers applying for a regular visa (in your regular passport) may make the payment of $ 160.00 for processing the visa application at the Consular Section Box (Window # 4). Diplomatic visas in diplomatic passports are exempted from payment of application processing.

More Information

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.