On this page:


The fiancé K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé to travel to the United States and marry his/her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Because a fiancé visa permits the holder to travel to the United States and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants may receive K-2 visas.


The U.S. citizen sponsor must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, with the USCIS Dallas Lockbox. Further information is available on the USCIS website under Fiancé Visas. Note: Form I-129F cannot be filed at a U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or USCIS office abroad.

If USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing, and NVC will send it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate where your fiancé will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa.

U.S. Embassy/Consulate Appointment

Once the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Suva receives the petition from NVC, the applicant will receive instructions on how to schedule the interview appointment(s) at the U.S. Consulate.

K visa applicants must complete the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application online at this website.

Fee Payment

All fiancé/e (K1/K2) visa applicants must pay a non-refundable, non-transferable Machine Readable Visa (MRV) application fee via Payment in Person at Post Fiji branch. This payment option is paid within our online applicant system. For information, please see here.

More Actions

For more information on fiancé visas, please visit the State Department's website.