On this page:
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- Cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players. Only small mobile phones will be allowed at the Embassy security check-point for storage.
- Large luggage or bags. Only small purses or handbags will be permitted for storage at the Embassy security check-point. .
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Visa applicants scheduled for the U.S. Embassy, Tunis
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy in Tunis. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews at the U.S. Embassy will be admitted. Any additional person or interested party accompanying the visa applicant will be denied entry except in the following situations:
- One parent may optionally accompany minors less than 18 years old. One parent is required to be accompanying children younger than 14 years.
- Applicants with medical conditions or difficulty walking may bring one family member to assist.
- The American Citizen Petitioner for an Immigrant Visa may accompany beneficiaries on the day of their interview.
No advance permission from the Embassy is required for a single family member accompanying in any of the above situations.