Track My Passport & Passport/Visa Collection Locations
On this page:
- Check the Status of Your Visa
- Change Delivery Options
- Passport Tracking Options
- Collecting Your Passport/Visa
- Supporting Documents
If your visa application is approved, your passport and visa will be returned to you by Thai Post. Your documents will be delivered to the address you provided when you scheduled your interview appointment.
Please note that the designate Post Office of Thai Post will hold your passport for only 7 days, after first attempt of delivery. In case you are not home, a notification will be left to allow you to make appointment for second attempt. Or you can come over to the post office and collect the passport within 7 days. If not, the passport shall be returned to Rong Mueng center (for those interviewed at the U.S. Embassy Bangkok) or Chiang Mai center (for those interviewed at the U.S. Consulate Chiang Mai) on the 8th day. The centers will contact you once more to attempt delivery. If the passport remains undeliverable, it shall be returned to the Embassy/ the Consulate General which adjudicated your application on the 15th day.
If you choose to pick up the passport at the designate Post Office, you must arrive the designate Post Office before 4:30 PM.
Check the Status of Your Visa
You can check the status of your application any time at the following website.
Change Delivery Options
Passport Tracking Options
For your convenience, you have several options to choose from to track the location of your passport.
Instant: Enter your passport number below to check on the status.
Email: Send an email to email@example.com and in the subject and/or body enter a valid passport number exactly as it was entered at the time the appointment was scheduled. Do not include any additional text. You will receive an automatic response with the status.
Online: You can track your passport online here.
Chat and Telephone: You can track your passport with the assistance of our call center via chat or telephone. The call center's contact information and a full description of our call center services, including hours of operation, can be found here.
Collecting Your Passport/Visa
If you chose to collect your passport/visa at the courier office you will need to visit Thailand Post Office during normal business hours. To find Thailand Post office nearest to you, click here.
To collect your passport, you must present your original ID card or any official/government-issued card showing your photo, not a photocopy.
In case you cannot pick up the passport at the designated post office by yourself, your representative including your family members must present all the following documents.
- His/her own original ID card or any official/government-issued card with photo, and
- A photocopy of your ID card or any official/government-issued card showing your photo with your signature to certify true copy, and
- An authorization letter with both of your signature and your representative's signature showing that he/she is authorized to collect your passport on your behalf. The letter of authorization must contain the following information:
- Your representative's full name as shown on his/her ID or official/government-issued card with photo
- Your name in full, the same as shown in your passport and your passport number
In case the applicant is under the age of 15, the following documents are required:
- An original authorization letter signed by the applicant's parents.
- A photocopy of the ID card or government-issued photo ID of the applicant's parents.
- A photocopy of the house registration booklet showing the relations of the parents and the applicant.
- The representative's original ID or government-issued photo ID.
Note: In case of a group/ family, a single authorization letter together with the above required document can be presented.