Bank and Payment Options/Pay My Visa FeeOn this page:
Important Notice! After paying a nonimmigrant visa application fee, you must wait to schedule your appointment.
You can schedule your interview at any time after 1 p.m. the following business day after making payment at Banco Cuscatlán.
Most applicants, including children, are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their U.S. visa application. This US Government-mandated fee is a visa processing fee that is payable whether or not a visa is issued.
The MRV fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Applicants should first determine whether or not they require a visa to travel to the US before submitting their applications.
Examples of individuals that may not require a visa include, but are not limited to:
- If you already hold a valid visa for your intended purpose of travel
- If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda (but not applying for an A, E, G, K or V visa category)
Examples of individuals that may not need to pay the MRV fee include, but are not limited to:
- If you are applying for an A or G visa for official travel
- If you are applying for a J visa to participate in a U.S. Government-sponsored program (programs beginning with G-1, G-2, G-3, G-7)
If you do need to apply for a visa, please follow the payment instructions below. Applicants must make a successful payment before they are permitted to schedule their interview appointment. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
Once the initial interview is scheduled, applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointment. If you miss your scheduled appointment time, you may be required to pay the MRV fee again in order to schedule another interview. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay an additional visa application fee. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Cash at Bank
You can pay your nonimmigrant visa application fee with cash at Banco Cuscatlán. Before going to a branch, you must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below on this page. Take the printed deposit slip with you to pay your fee. Upon receiving of your payment, Banco Cuscatlán will issue you a receipt. Save your receipt. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Select the deposit slip that matches your visa application fee from the list below. This page has more information about the different visa application fees.
Visa fees were updated April 13, 2012. To ensure you have the most accurate fee, please clear your computer's cache. Click here for instructions.
- Deposit Slip - $160 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $190 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $265 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $205 MRV Fee
After you have paid the visa application fee, keep the Banco Cuscatlán receipt for your records. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Scheduling Your Interview After Paying in Person at Banco Cuscatlán
You can schedule your interview after 1 p.m. the following business day after you have paid the appropriate fee at Banco Cuscatlán. Use the "Payment Reference Number" to schedule your appointment as seen in red in the image below:
If you are a Banco Cuscatlán customer, you can log on to Banco Cuscatlán or Citibank Online and make the payment.
- Step One: Log-on to Banco Cuscatlán or Citibank El Salvador Platform.
If you are a Citibank Customer using Citibank online click here:
- Step Two: Add a third-party payee for EFT payments
Follow Citibank's instructions to make a new third-party payment with the account number 018301000052068 (CITIBANK NA LONDRES).
- Step Three: Activate the third-party payee to allow sending payments
Citibank will send you an authorization code to allow you to activate the new third-party payee, in this case, the visa fee collection account.
- Step Four: Make an online payment to the Visa Fee Collection Account
- From the Tab menu, select the
Transferencias (Transfers) tab, and then select the Terceros (Third-Party Payees) tab.
- From the Terceros (Transfers) dropdown list, select Servicios Integrales Citi /Citi London Account, which is the visa fee collection account.
- In the Valor (Value) field, input the correct payment amount for the selected visa category. Click here for further details on visa fees. Visa fees are non-refundable so it is important that you enter the correct amount.
- Click the Transmitir (Transmit) button to submit payment.
- You will receive a confirmation of third-party payment, which includes your payment reference or authorization number (Depending on the platform you used). Save your reference or authorization number. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without this number.
- From the Tab menu, select the
- Step Five: Schedule your appointment
You can schedule your interview after 1 p.m. the following business day after you have paid the appropriate fee through Citibank El Salvador's platforms. Click here to schedule your appointment online or click here to contact an agent by telephone.
Step Three: Click on the “Buy Now” button above to process your credit card payment. Only Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
Step Four: Schedule your interview at any time after 1 p.m. the following business day after you have paid the appropriate fee with a credit card. Click here to schedule your appointment online or click here to contact an agent by telephone. The email address you used to process your payment is your "Receipt Number" when you schedule your appointment, as seen in the image below. Remember that this field is case sensitive so you must enter your email address exactly as you did at the time you made your credit card payment.