On this page:
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- Large shoulder bags/purses - only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders - you can only carry plastic bags or paper folders containing application-related papers
- Food items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Due to security considerations, the information window for walk-in visitors is restricted to U.S. citizens and immigrant visa applicants. For non-immigrant visas, only applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.
Applicants who arrive more than 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment will not be allowed into the waiting room due to space limitations and security concerns. Please plan accordingly.