Apply for a U.S. Visa
in New Zealand
Track & Retrieve My Passport/Passport & Visa Collection Locations
On this page:
- Change Delivery Options
- Passport Tracking Options
- Collecting Your Passport/Visa
- Supporting Documents
Once your visa is approved, Courier Post will either deliver your passport to the location you specified when you scheduled your appointment, or hold your passport at a Courier Post office for you to retrieve. There are no extra fees associated with either aspect of this service - the cost for Courier Post to deliver or hold your passport is included in the visa application fee.
If Courier Post attempts to deliver the passport and no one is available to sign for the item, they will leave a “card to call" at the delivery address. This card details when the delivery was attempted, the item number, and further instructions for the recipient.
- Visa processing time typically may take at least 5 to 7 business days. However, processing time for specific cases may vary due to an individual’s circumstances and other special requirements, and this may take a longer time. Visa processing cannot be expedited.
- Please do not pay for travel arrangements such as airfare without having a U.S. visa in your possession. The Embassy/Consulate bears no responsibility if you do so. The Embassy/Consulate is unable to guarantee the issuance of a visa before any fixed travel date.
- A business day is defined as a day between Monday and Friday (excluding U.S. and New Zealand public holidays observed in Auckland).
- Your passport/document will only be delivered to an address located within New Zealand by Courier Post. Please provide a correct and deliverable document delivery address in New Zealand when completing your online profile. Please check your address on New Zealand Post.
Change Delivery Options
Passport Tracking Options
Instant: Enter your passport number below to check on the status. If your passport is ready for pick-up, please bring supporting documents and collect it in a timely manner. If your passport is not collected in a timely manner it will be sent back to the Embassy or Consulate.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject and/or body enter a valid passport number exactly as it was entered at the time the appointment was scheduled, and you will receive an automatic response with the status.
See below for an email example:
- Online: You can track your passport online here.
- Chat and Telephone: You can track your passport with the assistance of our call center via chat or telephone. The call center's contact information and a full description of our call center services, including hours of operation, can be found here.
Collecting Your Passport/Visa
If you chose to collect your passport/visa at the courier office you will need to visit a Courier Post office during normal business hours. To find the Courier Post office nearest to you, click here
|Passport Pick-Up Location Name||Address Line 1||City||Postal Code||Hours Of Operation|
|Courier Post City Depot||11 McDonald Street, Sandringham||Auckland||Auckland 1025||8.30am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Albany||North Shore 9A Ride Way, Rosedale||Auckland||Auckland 0632||8.30am - 6.00pm|
|Courier Post West Depot||729 Rosebank Road, Avondale||Auckland||Auckland 1026||8.30am - 5.30pm|
|Auckland Operations Centre||23 Underwood Street, East Tamaki||Auckland||Auckland 2013||8.00am - 6.00pm|
|Courier Post Blenheim||Blenheim 37 Kinross Street||Blenheim||Blenheim 7202||8.00am - 5.00pm|
|Courier Post Christchurch||850 Wairakei Road||Christchurch||Christchurch 8053||8.30am - 6.00pm|
|Courier Post Dunedin||5 Strathallan Street||Dunedin||Dunedin 9012||8.30am - 6.00pm|
|Courier Post Gisborne||87 Innes Street, Awapuni||Gisborne||Gisborne 4010||8.30am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Greymouth||West Coast 28 Arney Street||Greymouth||Greymouth 7805||Not for public|
|Courier Post Hamilton||1 Earthmover Crescent, Te rapa||Hamilton||Hamilton 3288||8.00am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Invercargill||131 Liddel Street||Invercargill||Invercargill 9810||8.00am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Napier||136 Taradale Road, Pirimai||Napier||Napier 4112||8.00am - 5.00pm|
|Courier Post Nelson||14 Gloucester Street||Nelson||Nelson 7010||8.00am - 5.00pm|
|Courier Post New Plymouth||2 Smart Road, Glen Avon||New Plymouth||New Plymouth 4312||8.00am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Palmerston||73 McGregor Street, Milson||Palmerston||Palmerston 4414||8.00am - 6.00pm|
|Courier Post Queenstown||15 Jock Boyd Place, Frankton||Queenstown||Queenstown 9371||8.30am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Rotorua||1 Waterford Street, Mangakakahi||Rotorua||Rotorua 3015||8.00am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Taupo||27 Totara Street||Taupo||Taupo 3030||8.00am - 10.00am|
|Courier Post Tauranga||65 Chapel Street||Tauranga||Tauranga 3110||8.00am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Timaru||21 Treneglos Street, Washdyke||Timaru||Timaru 7910||8.30am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Wanganui||62 Wilson Street||Wanganui||Wanganui 4500||8.00am - 5.30pm|
|Courier Post Wellington||36-54 Kaiwharawhara Road||Wellington||Wellington 6035||8.00am - 6.00pm|
|Courier Post Whangarei||121 Port Road, Whangarei||Whangarei||Whangarei 0110||8.00am - 5.30pm|
To collect your passport you must present your original (not a photocopy) government-issued photo ID. We recommend you also bring a printed copy of your appointment letter.
If a representative is collecting your passport from the document collection office on your behalf - even in case of family members - the representative must present:
- Their own original government-issued photo ID for identification
- A photocopy of your government-issued photo ID
- A letter of authority, signed by you, authorizing your representative to collect your passport. The letter of authority must contain the following information:
- Your representative's full name as shown on their government-issued photo ID
- Your name
If the applicant is under the age of 16, the following documents are required:
- An original, signed letter of authority from either of the applicant's parents
- A clear photocopy of the government-issued photo ID belonging to the parent who signed the applicant's letter of authority
- The representative's original government-issued photo ID
Note: In case of a group/family, a single letter of authority with the required information for each of the applicants will be accepted.