español: Cambio De Español
Apply for a U.S. Visa
Bank and Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee
On this page:
Most applicants, including children, are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their U.S. visa application. This US Government-mandated fee is a visa processing fee that is payable whether or not a visa is issued.
The MRV fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Applicants should first determine whether or not they require a visa to travel to the US before submitting their applications.
Examples of individuals that may not require a visa include, but are not limited to:
- If you already hold a valid visa for your intended purpose of travel
- If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda (but not applying for an A, E, G, K or V visa category)
Examples of individuals that may not need to pay the MRV fee include, but are not limited to:
- If you are applying for an A or G visa for official travel
- If you are applying for a J visa to participate in a U.S. Government-sponsored program (programs beginning with G-1, G-2, G-3, G-7)
If you do need to apply for a visa, please follow the payment instructions below. Applicants must make a successful payment before they are permitted to schedule their interview appointment. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview. If you are applying for multiple visas for your family or group, you only need to print one deposit slip to make all payments.
Remember that the data on your profile must be accurate and truthful, that is, it must contain the correct information, just as it is in the passport of the applicant requesting the visa, regardless of whether it is a minor or not. Once the data has been entered into the profile and associated with a payment receipt, it is not possible to make changes to the profiles. If the data on the profile does not match with your passport information, you will have to make a new payment.Please remember, the MRV fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Once the initial interview is scheduled, applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointment. If you miss your scheduled appointment time, you may be required to pay the MRV fee again in order to schedule another interview. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay an additional visa application fee. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Online Payment with a Debit Card (Check/Bank Card)
The most convenient payment method for your non-immigrant visa application (NIV) fee is online with a Debit Card (Checking Card, Banking Card). Credit cards are not accepted and are automatically rejected. If you attempted to use a credit card, you could see a hold (floating or pending) charge on your statement. As we reject credit cards, we do not control when your financial institution releases this hold to you. Contact your financial institution for more information.
- Once you log into your profile and while on the payment screen, you can select to pay by debit card.
- After you pay the visa application fee, print your receipt for your records. Save your receipt with the transaction number. The transaction number will be used to schedule your appointment. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your transaction number.
- When you have completed the payment, you MUST return to the profile and hit 'Continue' to schedule the appointment. Follow all the steps and when you are prompted for payment again, you should select the Debit card payment option, so that your receipt gets linked correctly to the profile.
Note: If you experienced an error at the time of payment, do not make a second payment. We do not accept credit cards - make sure you are using a debit card. If you are using a debit card, contact us at email@example.com.
Cash at Bank
You can pay your non-immigrant visa application fee with cash in local currency at Banco Ficohsa in Nicaragua. Do not pay in US dollars. Before going to a branch, you must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below on this page. Take the printed deposit slip with you to pay your fee. Upon receiving of your payment, Banco Ficohsa will issue you a receipt. Save your receipt. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Select the deposit slip that matches your visa application fee from the list below. This page has more information about the different visa application fees.
Visa fees were updated April 13, 2012. To ensure you have the most accurate fee, please clear your computer's cache. Click here for instructions.
- Deposit Slip - $160 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $190 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $265 MRV Fee
- Deposit Slip - $205 MRV Fee
After you have paid the visa application fee, keep the Banco Fichosa receipt for your records. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.
Scheduling Your Interview After Paying in Person at Banco Ficohsa
You can schedule your interview after 1 p.m. the following business day after you have paid the appropriate fee at Banco Ficohsa. Use the "Ref. Interna Banco" to schedule your appointment as seen highlighted in the image below: