Submitting 221(g) Documents

On this page:


The U.S. Embassy may give you a 221(g) letter directing you to submit additional documents or information related to your visa application. Your application will be kept on hold at the Embassy until you submit those documents.

All documents and information requested in a 221(g) letter should be submitted at the nearest CargoTrans office within one year from the date you received the 221(g) letter. Failure to submit the required information within one year will result in the suspension of your visa application. You will be required to submit a new visa application and pay all associated fees in order to continue with your visa application process.

How to Submit 221(g) Documents

Step 1

Click here to print a Document Submission Letter.

Step 2

Go to the nearest CargoTrans office. Take your 221(g) Document Submission Letter, the 221(g) letter given to you at the Embassy, a photocopy of the 221(g) letter, and all documents requested in your 221(g) letter.

Step 3

Drop-off your documents and the 221(g) Document Submission Letter at the CargoTrans office. CargoTrans will give you a copy of your airway bill as a receipt for your documents.

Step 4

CargoTrans delivers your documents to the Embassy.

Step 5

CargoTrans returns your documents and your passport to you at your chosen document delivery address. If issued, your passport will contain your visa. You may also receive a new 221(g) letter.