Apply for a U.S. Visa
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General while carrying any of the following items:
- battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- large shoulder bags/purses - only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- sealed envelopes or packages
- liquids and bottles
- cosmetics or other powdery substances
- cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the Embassy/Consulate general to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy/Consulate General.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the Embassy or the Consulate General. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted into the Embassy/Consulate General. There is no location for non-applicants to wait at the Embassy/Consulate General.