Applying for a Visa RenewalOn this page:
Overview for renewing your full validity B1/B2 Visa
The U.S. visa application process is the same whether you are applying for the first time or renewing your visa. If you meet the criteria for “Visa Renewal”, you should generally be able to obtain a faster appointment using the “Visa Renewal” appointment category.
Before proceeding to renew your visa, please be aware that if you have a valid, unexpired visa in an expired passport, you can still travel to the United States using your old passport containing the valid visa and a new, valid passport. Note that both passports must be issued in the same country (in case you are a citizen of two or more countries).
To qualify for a “Visa-Renewal” appointment, all the below conditions must apply to you:
- You are renewing a multiple-entry B1/B2 (business/tourism) visa that was valid for 5 or 10 years.
- You are in possession of this B1/B2 visa that was issued for five or ten years;
- Your B1/B2 visa is still valid or it has been expired less than 12 months;
- You are a citizen of Morocco and hold a Moroccan passport;
- Everyone applying for a visa with you also meets the same criteria;
- Your last visa was not cancelled or revoked.
If you have any doubts about your eligibility for a visa renewal appointment, please contact the call center at email@example.com or 0892-09-9999.
To apply please visit our Apply for a Visa page and follow the directions. Once you have paid the fee and are ready to schedule a B1/B2 appointment, you will be asked to confirm if the above criteria applies to you. If you indicate that the above conditions to apply, you will be directed to available visa renewal appointments.
** Warning: If you make an appointment in the renewal category but it is subsequently discovered that you do NOT meet the above criteria, your appointment will be cancelled and you will have to reschedule.