Renew My Visa
On this page
If you are renewing a B1/B2, F, M or J visa, you may qualify for an Interview Waive Program (IWP) renewal and may submit your application at the Consular Section of the American Embassy in Phnom Penh, without an interview, any Wednesday and Thursday, between 13:00 to 15:00 hrs., provided you meet all of the qualifications listed below.
- You are renewing a B1/B2, F, M or J visa that is currently valid or has expired within the last 12 months (1 year).
- You have not been refused a visa of the same type in the last year.
- You must be physically present in Cambodia.
- Your name, date of birth, and nationality on your passport match your previous visa. You are applying for the same type of visa as your currently valid or prior visa.
- For F and M renewals, applicants must either (a) continue participation in the same program even if at a different institution; or (b) attend the same institution even if in a different program.
- For J renewals, the SEVIS number matches the prior DS-2019.
How to apply:
- Complete visa application form DS-160. Please make sure you are using the most current version of the DS-160, older versions will not be accepted.
- Pay the Visa application Fee
Required documents to submit to the Consular Section:
- A valid passport for travel to the United States with validity dates at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
- A print out of DS-160 application confirmation page with a barcode.
- One NEW photo (see requirements here)
- Visa application fee receipt
For students, vocational and exchange visitors only:
- Original I-20 or DS-2019 form
- The student’s official transcripts
- Read the Guidelines for Completing the Form DS-160 All information must be complete and accurate. Your visa application may be refused if you do not properly complete your application.
- The drop-box service does not guarantee visa issuance.
- In some cases, applicants may still be required to appear for a visa interview at the Embassy. Examples of this include incomplete or inaccurate applications.The Embassy will contact you if additional documents or a personal interview is required. Additionally, the Embassy randomly selects drop-box applicants for in-person interviews.
- The IWP for Renewals takes approximately 7 business days. If your travel is urgent, please schedule an in-person interview.