Change Document Delivery Address
On this page:
If you have already scheduled an appointment online, but wish to modify your document delivery address, you can do so by logging into your profile. You may change your document delivery address at any time before 11:59 p.m. on the day of your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you wish to modify the mailing address of your dependents, please contact the call center.
It may cause delay in delivery if the profile details do not match with your passport.
Some reasons of delay:
A full name in profile does not match the current passport exactly the same
- First/Middle/Last name does not appear exactly the same in the passport.
- A full name appears in Japanese, Chinese or other language other than English in the passport.
- E mail address is registered instead of a full name.
A passport number does not match the current passport exactly the same
- Please contact us immediately to update a name or passport number
A mailing address is unregistered / uncompleted or overseas mailing address
- In case of home delivery, apartment /room number / a name of receipt on behave of the applicant in case of delivered to the third party / accommodation name such as a hotel name are not registered.
- In case of office delivery, company name / building name / floor number / a name of receipt on behave of the applicant in case of delivered to the third party / University name / department name / floor number are not registered.
- APO/FPO/DPO address is registered other than a domestic mailing address. It is only able to dispatch with domestic Japanese mailing address.
- E mail address is registered as a mailing address.
For non-Japanese applicants, English name in the passport cannot be confirmed at the time delivery
- If the English name of the passport is not displayed on the nameplate of the address, Japan Post usually does not deliver the package.
1. On the home page select the Change Document Delivery Information box at the bottom right of the screen.
2. When you click on the Change Document Delivery Information box it will take you to the Specify Documentation Delivery page. Enter your new document delivery address and click Continue.
3. On the home page you can check if your address was updated. The Change Document Delivery Information box should have your new delivery address.