Schedule My Appointment
On this page:
Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Citizens of qualified countries may be also able to visit the United States without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. If you do not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program or are traveling to study, work, or participate in an exchange program, you must apply for a nonimmigrant visa.
Applicants for U.S. visas are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy. You must schedule an appointment for that interview, either online using this website or through the call center. Click Apply for a Visa.
Note: If you have registered your profile before, please login to the exist profile the same credential you used to apply for a visa. Go to FAQ.
To schedule a nonimmigrant visa appointment, you must have the following information and documents available:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
- Your DS-160 confirmation page
- You must only enter the correct DS-160 confirmation number for your specific visa application. Your visa application will be processed based on this DS160 confirmation number. Failure to provide the correct number may result in rejection of your visa application and/or cancellation of your visa interview appointment.
Correction of the DS160 confirmation number after you have scheduled an appointment is available until two business days before your visa interview. To correct the number, please log in to your profile, and select “Update profile” or contact the call center for assistance.
- Your e-mail address
- If applicable, required documents based on visa class (such as a petition approval for petition-based visas; more information about visa types and information about each can be found here).
Restrictions to Changing Appointments
Applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointments. If more than three times you reschedule your appointment or fail to attend your appointment, you will be required to pay another visa application fee. Please plan accordingly.
For Nonimmigrant Visa applicants:
Determine your visa type.
Complete the DS-160 form.
Pay the visa fee.
Schedule your visa appointment.
Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulates on the date and time of your visa interview.
- Visa Types such as Application Items and Supporting Documents
- Locations and Contact Information
- Security Regulations
- Appointment Wait Times