Apply for a U.S. Visa
Visas for Applicants Under 14 and over 80
On this page:
Non Immigrant Visa Interview Waivers for Applicants Under 14 Years of Age and Over 80
Please review this information for the requirements of nonimmigrant visa interview waiver for applicants under 14 years of age and over 80 years of age applied at any U.S Consular office in India (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Kolkata)
Applicants under 14 years of age or over 80 years of age from the date of submission are not required to appear for a nonimmigrant visa interview at any Embassy/Consulate in India. Such applicants may submit their visa applications through the Interview Waiver Program. All other rules, requirements and fees for those under 14 years of age and over 80 years of age remain in effect.
All applicants must include the following documents when submitting their applications:
- Applicant's current and all old passports
- A completed DS-160 confirmation page.
- A visa fee receipt for the current visa application .
- Child below 14 years of age must submit a photocopy of each parent’s passport biographic information page if parents have a passport. If either parent has a visa, you should also submit a photocopy of each parent’s visa. If no parent has a visa and no parent is applying for one, then you should provide documentation regarding the purpose of the trip and a photocopy of the visa of the accompanying adult.
- Accompanying Guardians/Parents can carry the child documents with one hard copy photograph as per US Visa Specification. For photo specification follow link.
Note: Parents having the appointment scheduled together with the child under 14 years of age should submit the required above documents during the time of their Interview at Embassy/Consulate. Visa issuance for those not appearing in person is not guaranteed. The Embassy /Consulate may in some cases, after reviewing an application, require the child to appear in person.