Renew My Visa
On this page:
Repeat travelers to the United States may, under some circumstances, renew their visas without appearing at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate for an interview. It is important to know that your visa may still be valid if the passport it is in expires. You can travel to the United States with your old passport containing a valid visa and your new, valid passport.
Visa Renewal Program
You may be eligible to apply for a U.S. visa without an interview if you meet the criteria below for the Visa Renewal Program. Applicants are advised that the U.S. Embassy reserves the right to require a personal interview in individual cases, even if a person otherwise would qualify for a waiver of the personal interview. If you submit your application for the Visa Renewal Program without meeting the requirements to use this service, your visa processing will be delayed.
Please allow at least two weeks for processing, and as always, please do not make nonrefundable travel arrangements until you have received your visa.
Criteria for the Visa Renewal Program:
- Haiti is the applicant’s normal place of residence.
- Applicant was issued a full-validity visa (5 years for Haitians with tourist visas) (Note: If your visa was issued at another Embassy, you will need to appear at the Embassy for fingerprints; the Embassy will call you to arrange this.)
- The visa expired less than 12 months ago.
- Applicant has not been refused a visa since receiving the full-validity visa
- Applicant is seeking a new visa in the same category—for example, replacing a B1/B2 with a new B1/B2 visa.
- Complete the online application form DS-160 and bring the confirmation sheet
- Log-in to www.ustraveldocs.com/ht, click on “New Application” and follow the steps to apply for a new non-immigrant visa. Answer the questions carefully.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- If you qualify for the Visa Renewal Program, you will receive a Visa Renewal Program submission letter containing a document checklist. Print two copies of the Visa Renewal Program submission letter and bring it with you to one of the DHL International locations, along with the necessary documents for your visa type. Please submit a sealed envelope containing your documents.
Checklist for all applicants:
Please bring the following documents to one of the DHL International locations in order to submit your passport for the Visa Renewal Program:
- A valid passport: for Haitian citizens valid for at least the duration of your intended stay in the United States.
- The DS-160 application form confirmation page (after completing your DS-160 athttps://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)
- One Photograph: Two inches square (51mm x 51mm) color photograph, less than 6 months old, against a white background. (Note: If you submit the same photo from a prior application, and that prior application was more than 6 months ago, you will need to provide a new photograph and your visa processing will be delayed.) The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the applicant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression. You may not wear glasses in the photo.
- The passport that contains your most recent U.S. visa.
- Two copies of the Visa Renewal Program submission letter.
- An envelope that can fit all of the documents.
Additional requirements for specific applicants:
Children under 14 years old:
- Copies of the parents’ passport biographic information pages
- Copies of the parents' current and/or previous U.S. visas, if available
F-1, M-1 and J-1 visa holders:
- An original form I-20 (for F and M visa applicants) or original form DS-2019 (for J visa applicants)
- Proof that you can support yourself during your entire stay in the U.S.
H, L, O, P and R visa holders:
- Copy of Notice of Action form I-797