On this page:
Visitors are prohibited from introducing the following onto the compound:
Prohibited Items (NOTE: The Consulate cannot store these items. Visitors in possession of these items will be turned away from the Consular Section.).
- Firearms/Edged weapons;
- Explosive devices;
- Flammable liquids;
- Any food or consumable. Drinking water is available;
- Other weapons/contraband;
- Large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages classed above airplane cabin-size allowance – roughly 56cm x 36cm x 23 cm (22” x 14” x 9”) – are also not allowed.
Non-Dangerous Prohibited Items (Retained at the Guard Checkpoint)
- Electronic devices (cellular telephones, BlackBerry units, PDAs, Bluetooth devices etc.);
- USB/thumb drives;
- Recording devices (includes smart watches and other non-traditional devices);
- Still/video cameras;
- Pocket knife with a blade of less than 2.5 inches
- Other items deemed contraband by RSO
Access to the Consulate is limited and generally only applicants are permitted to enter and be present during visa interviews. On a case-by-case basis, applicants may be accompanied by ONE non-applicant assist the applicant during the visa application process.
Please note: The Consulate has the right to refuse entry to any persons.
- Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may bring one person to assist them if they are over 80 years of age, are a minor child, or are disabled and require assistance to complete the application process.
- Due to waiting room size, the large volume of applicants and the time required to screen consular clients, persons not meeting the criteria above will not be permitted to accompany an applicant. Drivers, friends, and extra relatives, including the relatives of interpreters, must wait outside or return to meet the applicant after the interview has been completed.