Group AppointmentsOn this page:
Non-related persons traveling together for the purpose of participating in a particular event, function or training. Examples include, but are not limited to: sporting events, parades, trade shows, cultural events, religious events, workshops, conferences, etc. These individuals must schedule an interview through the group interview procedure. Groups that do not use the group procedure and schedule as individuals will not be able to have their interview on their scheduled interview day. If you have doubts as to whether you qualify as a group, please request a group appointment and our staff will either confirm the group appointment or instruct you to schedule as individuals.
How to Apply
- Attached a list of all the applicants with their full name, birth date and passport number.
- Attached the invitation letter.
- Attached the information of the petitioner (full name, birth date, address, phone number and address.)
- Attached the information of the local recruiter in Guatemala and a copy of his DPI. (Full name, birth date, address, phone number and address.)
- Attached a copy of the the I-797 and if possible a copy of the I-129.
A designated group coordinator uses the online appointment system to click on
and to request a group appointment. It is not possible to request a group appointment through the call center. Once the request is submitted, wait for a response from the Embassy which will come via email.
If the Embassy approves the request, the group leader will receive an email inviting him or her to return to his or her profile to schedule appointments for each member of the group. An call center agent cannot schedule group appointments, but they are able to assist with questions. Should the Embassy deny the request for a group appointment, a notification will also be sent by email.
Note: The email confirming or denying your request comes from email@example.com. Some email applications have rules which filter unknown senders into a spam or junk mail folder. If you have not received your email notification, please look for the message in your junk and spam email folders.
A separate visa application fee must be paid for each group member.
Each group member must complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form, upload their photo in to the system and print the confirmation page.
The group coordinator returns to his or her profile at the online appointment system and clicks on the
button to begin scheduling the group's appointments. He or she should have at hand three pieces of information about each group member:
- The group member's passport with the applicants full name, passport number, date of birth, passport expiration date and other important data located on the passport's biographical page
- The group member's visa application fee receipt number. Click here for help locating this number.
- The 10-digit barcode number from the group member's DS-160 confirmation page
Step 6The group coordinator selects the approved group appointment request corresponding to the correct group, as in the example below:
If the group coordinator frequently schedules group appointments, it is important to select the correct group request.
Each group member is added as a "Dependent" to the group coordinator's profile. The group coordinator can choose to be a member of the group or not.
The group goes to the U.S. Embassy on the date and time of their visa interviews. Each member must have a printed copy of the appointment letter, DS-160 confirmation page, one photograph taken within the last six months, a current passport and all old passports, and the original visa fee payment receipt. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
Important Points to Remember
- Once the group request has been approved, the group has a limited time to complete steps one through six. Typically, it is a timeframe of seven days, but the group coordinator should refer to the confirmation received by email. In case the request expires, the group coordinator must start over and submit a new request.
- The group coordinator should perform steps 1, 2, 3 and 5 for group members. Each applicant must complete his or her own Form DS-160.
- If a group member has already scheduled an appointment, he or she is no longer eligible to be a group member. He or she must attend the visa interview alone.
- If the group's applicants are applying under an approved I-797 petition, such as H2A or H2B visa applicants, in Step One the group coordinator must upload a legible copy of the approved I-797 as part of the request.