Diversity Visa Information
on this page:
Diversity Visa Program 2016
The U.S. Government is pleased to announce the instructions for the 2016 Diversity Visa Lottery. The online registration for the DV-2016 Program began on Tuesday, October 1, 2014 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2014, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). We strongly encourage those interested to register as early as possible.
To participate and register for the DV program, you must meet one of the following two requirements:
- a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education;
- Two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform. The U.S. Department of Labor’s database will be used to determine qualifying work experience.
Instructions to register:
- Only one entry may be submitted per person each registration period. Additional entries will result in all registration being cancelled.
- Fill out the registration form (DS-5501, the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form) found athttp://www.dvlottery.state.gov
- Print the confirmation screen which contains your unique confirmation number.
- Starting May 1, 2015, you will be able to check the status of your DV-2015 entry by returning tohttp://www.dvlottery.state.govclicking on Entrant Status Check, and entering your unique confirmation number and personal information. Entrant Status Check will be the sole means of informing you of your selection for DV-2016, providing instructions to you on how to proceed with your application, and notifying you of your appointment for your immigrant visa interview at the embassy.
- You must list your spouse and all unmarried children under 21 years of age who are not already U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents (LPRs). Failure to list all children who are eligible will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas in the case at the time of the visa interview.
- Submit separate photographs of yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under 21 years of age. For details on uploading photographs and tips on filling in the form, consult the instructions at http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf
- NEVER PAY FEES TO THIRD PARTIES. If you are selected for an interview, you will pay the necessary fees at the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala. Applicants in the U.S. will be given instructions on making payment in the United States.
More instructions can be found online at http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf
WE DO NOT NOTIFY APPLICANTS BY MAIL, in order to prevent fraud and malfeasance. Application information will ONLY be available through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website www.dvlottery.state.gov.
Our e-mail communications will not provide selectee notification, will not direct recipients to pay fees, will not provide application instructions, and will not detail visa interview dates and times. This information is ONLY available through Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website www.dvlottery.state.gov. You will not be asked to send money by mail or by services such as Western Union.
You should not believe any e-mail claiming that you have been selected to apply for a visa under the DV program. These malicious e-mails are sent by criminal operators who seek to defraud individuals of their money. If you receive such a notification, pass it to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. The State Department has dedicated units that work with Internet providers to try to stop these scams.
Please contact: email@example.com
Please consult the Department of State’s website at:
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html for complete information about how to participate in the 2014 Diversity Visa program.