Bank and Payment Options / Pay My Visa FeeOn this page:
- Instructions to Pay Your Visa fee
- Fee Payment Options
- Scheduling Your Interview
- Visa Application Fee Payment Processing Timelines
Most applicants, including children, are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their U.S. visa application. This US Government-mandated fee is a visa processing fee that is payable whether or not a visa is issued.
The MRV fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Applicants should first determine whether or not they require a visa to travel to the US before submitting their applications.
Examples of individuals that may not require a visa include, but are not limited to:
- If you are applying for an A or G visa for official travel, you do not need to pay the MRV fee
- If you are applying for a J visa to participate in a U.S. Government-sponsored program (programs beginning with G-1, G-2, G-3, G-7), you do not need to pay the MRV fee
- If you already hold a valid visa for your intended purpose of travel, you may not need a visa
- If you are a citizen of Canada or Bermuda (but not applying for an A, E, G, K or V visa category), you may not need a visa
If you do need to apply for a visa, please follow the payment instructions below. Applicants must make a successful payment before they are permitted to schedule their interview appointment. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
Once the initial interview is scheduled, applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointment. If you miss your scheduled appointment time, you may be required to pay the MRV fee again in order to schedule another interview. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay an additional visa application fee. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Remember: Applicants are limited to the number of times they can reschedule their appointments. Please plan accordingly so that you are not required to pay another visa application fee. Visa application fees are non-refundable.
Issuance Fee (Reciprocity Fee)
Depending on your citizenship and the type of visa you are applying for, you may also have to pay a visa issuance or “reciprocity” fee. This fee is not an MRV Fee and cannot be used to schedule an appointment. Please make sure that you pay the reciprocity fee in advance only if you are renewing your previous and submitting your application through drop-box channel. If you are scheduling your interview appointment, do not pay the reciprocity fee in advance; the fee should be paid at the time of your interview at the Consular Section of U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.
Please check this page to find out the applicable reciprocity fee amounts.
Instructions to Pay Your Visa fee
In Egypt you may pay your Visa Fee in person at any CIB Bank. You must first register on the applicant site and choose the Schedule Your Appointment’ option to access the payment option details. See below for the steps. If you are paying for a group of applicants visit the group appointment page.
Log-in to our online applicant system and create a profile. This will ensure the proper amount is paid and activated in timely manner. Values are shown in U.S. Dollars (USD); however the Fee payable is in Egyptian Pounds (EGP). This page has more information about the different visa application fees.
Click on Schedule My Appointment option on the left-hand side of your screen. Complete steps for Visa Type, Post, Visa Category and Visa Class.
Once you are on the Payment screen, click on Payment Options. Review the Payment Options section on this page for further details and select your payment option. Save the visa fee receipt after paying the visa fee. The receipt cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will need the CGI reference number on the receipt to schedule your visa appointment.
The EGP amounts are based on the consular currency exchange rate determined by the U.S. Department of State. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
Once you pay your visa fee, you can schedule your interview after 12:00pm the next business day. Log-in to your profile and complete the Schedule Your Appointment steps. You will use you CGI reference number to schedule your appointment
Fee Payment Options
Cash at Bank
- Before going to the bank you must print and carry the applicable U.S. visa deposit slip available after logging into your profile. If you print a visa deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, take note of the expiration date on the visa deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to the website and click the appropriate link to generate a new visa deposit slip. CIB will NOT accept payments based on expired visa deposit slips.
- Take the U.S. Visa deposit slip to the CIB Bank branch when you pay your fee. You can pay your nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application fee in cash at any CIB Bank branch. Cheques are not accepted. You must bring a valid government issued form of identification to make your payment. Be sure that you pay the exact amount indicated on the deposit slip.
- IMPORTANT: After receiving your payment, the cashier will give you a receipt containing your CGI Reference Number. Save the visa fee receipt after paying the visa fee. The receipt cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will need the CGI reference number on the receipt to schedule your visa appointment.
Scheduling Your Interview
Visa Application Fee Payment Processing Timelines
|Payment Method||Interview Scheduling||Number for Scheduling Interview|
|Cash at Bank||After 12:00pm the next business day||CGI Reference No.|