Diplomatic and Government Officials

On this page:


G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.

Applications for A-1, A-2, G-1, G-2, and G-5 through G-3 visas for Dominican Republic nationals must be submitted to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. A diplomatic note must accompany all A-1, A-2, G-1, G-2, and G5 visa applications. G-4 applicants can present themselves at the U.S. Embassy any day at 2:00 p.m. G-4 applicants need to present an official letter from their international organization requesting the issuance of a G visa.

Third country national applications for A-1 and A-2 visas may be submitted by the applicant’s embassy with a diplomatic note.

If you are the attendant, servant, or personal employee of someone classified A-1 or A-2 or G-1 through G-4 then you are entitled to the appropriate A-3 or G-5 classification. You must demonstrate entitlement to an A-3 or G-5 classification (e.g., letter of reference from a former employer, evidence of previous employment in that sector, etc.). Consular officers must establish the official status of the employer and the intent of both parties to enter into (or remain in) an employer-employee relationship.

Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site, as it will not be refunded.

For these visa categories you are still required to fill out the DS-160 form.

More Information

For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

You can visit the Department of State website for additional information about qualifying for Diplomatic and Official visas and for more specific information about A visas and G visas.

Please refer to the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo for more information on how to apply for visas for diplomatic and government officials or send an email with any questions to sdodipvisas@state.gov.