Security RegulationsOn this page:
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablet computers, digital watches, pagers, cameras, video recorders, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, radios, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- Firearms, weapons, or explosive materials of any kind
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives, or nail files
- Pepper spray (mace)
- Aerosol spray
- Large bags or luggage
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Flammable liquids
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy to store any of the above listed prohibited items. Applicants should make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.