Security RegulationsOn this page:
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy or Consulate while carrying any of the following items:
- Electronic devices such as mobile phones, laptops, IPods, IPads, internet-capable watches, USB sticks, cameras, video cameras, Transaction Authentication Number (TAN) generators or code keys.
- Firearms, explosives, sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files or edged weapons.
- Chemical agents, liquids, gasses and sprays, liquid cosmetics, perfumes and small glass mirrors.
- Large bags such as suitcases and backpacks.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
To speed the entry process, we generally recommend you not bring anything not needed for the application process.
Bring to the attention of the guards any baby food or essential medications (in plastic containers only, NO glass).
There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Only applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.