Complete My DS-160On this page:
Each applicant - including children - must have their own DS-160 visa application. The DS-160 must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview at the Consulate. The barcode number on the DS-160 confirmation page is required in order to book your interview. The DS-160 form must be submitted online - the Consulate will not accept handwritten or typed applications and you will not be permitted to attend your interview without a DS-160 confirmation page.
Note: When you sign your DS 160 electronically, you are certifying that all the information contained in it is true and correct. Misrepresenting any facts could render you ineligible to enter the United States. Please double-check that all your answers are accurate and that every question is answered completely.
Guidelines for Completing the DS-160 Form
Complete and submit your DS-160 after reviewing the nonimmigrant visa application process. You must submit your DS-160 application online prior to making an appointment for an interview at the Consulate.
- The interview post you select at the beginning of the DS-160 form must be the same post where you schedule your interview appointment.
- All questions must be answered in English using English-language characters only. Characters such as ñ, é, ü, and ç are not recognized by the system. The only exception is when you are asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet.
- You are required to upload a photograph as a part of the DS-160 process. Detailed guidelines for taking and submitting a quality photograph are on the U.S. Department of State website here.
- The DS-160 "times out" after 20 minutes without user activity, and your data will be lost. To safeguard against data loss, click the "Save" button frequently and download the file to your local computer. Select a place on your computer to save the DS-160 file, browse to that location, and click the "Save" button in the "Save As" window.
- The completed DS-160 application form will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page. Print this page.
- Once you have printed the barcode confirmation page, hit the "Back" button on your web browser and then email yourself a backup copy of the DS-160. The emailed file will be in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat to view or print.