Passport/Visa Collection Locations
On this page:
- Collecting Your Documents
- Supporting Documents
- Change Delivery Options
- Track Your Passport
Once your visa is approved, Correos de Costa Rica will deliver your passport to the location you specified when you scheduled your appointment for you to retrieve. There are no extra fees associated with either aspect of this service - the cost for Correos de Costa Rica to deliver or hold your passport is included in the visa application fee.
To view Correos de Costa Rica passport/visa collection locations, click here. Applicants who wish to collect their passports as quickly as possible should select the San José, Zapote location and may collect it between 5 and 6 p.m. the same day it is delivered.
Collecting Your Documents
Correos de Costa Rica provides facilities where your passport is held for pick-up in case your passport cannot be delivered to your chosen delivery address. You will see a list of Correos de Costa Rica passport/visa collection locations when you schedule your interview and can choose the most convenient location from that list.
In case you need your passport back within the same day of your interview, you may choose Correos Zapotes in San Jose to pick it up, this option is available upon visa approval and/or printing.
To collect your passport, you must submit original and photocopy of an official identification with photo.
If a representative is collecting your passport from the document collection office on your behalf - even in case of family members - the representative must present:
- Their own original government-issued photo ID for identification
- A photocopy of your government-issued photo ID
- A letter of authority, signed by you, authorizing your representative to collect your passport. The letter of authority must contain the following information:
- Your representative's full name as shown on their government-issued photo ID
- Your name, number of your government-issued ID, and signature
If the applicant is under the age of 18, the following documents are required:
- An original, signed letter of authority from either of the applicant's parents
- A clear photocopy of the government-issued photo ID belonging to the parent who signed the applicant's letter of authority
- A clear photocopy of the birthday certificate of the minor
- The representative's original government-issued photo ID
Note: In case of a group/family, a single letter of authority with the required information for each of the applicants will be accepted.
Change Delivery Options
You may change your preferred document delivery address call center until 11:59 p.m. the day of your interview appointment. There is no cost to change your delivery preferences.
Track Your Passport
Click here to track your passport's delivery status.