Track & Retrieve My Passport
Passport/Visa Collection Locations
On this page:
- Change Delivery Options
- Check the Status of Your Visa
- Passport Tracking Options
- Collecting Your Passport/Visa
- Expedited Pick-up Location
- Required Documents for Passport Retrieval
If your application is approved, your passport and visa will be returned either:
- to the CITIC Bank branch you previously selected. Please note that CITIC will hold your passport for only 15 days, after which it will be returned to the Embassy/Consulate. You must collect your passport within 15 days. Please do not come to your selected CITIC branch before you have been informed by our services that your passport is ready for pickup. You can only pick up your passport at the location you have selected.
- to your home/office address (Premium Delivery Option). This service does not cover outside mainland China and if applicants add an address outside of Mainland China, it will result in non-delivery. There is an additional fee associated with this service that is paid directly to EMS on delivery of your passport:
For NIV applications, the fee will be:
- RMB 24 per passport for delivery within the city you applied;
- RMB 34 per passport if outside the city you applied.
For Drop Box, then prices for home delivery may be as much as RMB 34 per passport.
For IV applications, prices will vary as per the below (including a RMB 20 insurance fee):
- Guangdong Province: 59 RMB per passport
- Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Guangxi, Hainan, Sichuan, Chongqing, Guizhou, Yunnan: 79 RMB per passport
- Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shanxi, Shandong, Shaanxi, Inner Mongolia, Gansu, Qinghai, Ningxia: 94 RMB per passport
- Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Xizang(Tibet), Xinjiang: 119 RMB per passport
Change Delivery Options
You may change your preferred document delivery address online or through the call center until midnight on the day of your interview appointment. There is no cost to change your delivery preferences. For drop-off service applicants, you may change your delivery location up to the time you drop off your application materials at CITIC Bank.
We strongly advise you not to change the pickup location after the time limit. Any changes to your desired pickup location after this time limit will lead to a delay in your passport delivery.
Check the Status of Your Visa
You can check the status of your application any time at this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx. Please wait at least three business days following your visa interview to check on the status of your application. The system may not have updated the status of your application prior to that time, and thus the message you receive may not reflect the actual status of your application.
Passport Tracking Options
For your convenience, you have several options to choose from to track the location of your passport.
If your status shows "origination scan", it means your passport has left the Embassy or Consulate is on its way to the delivery location you have chosen. It is however not available yet.
Only when the status shows "ready for pick up", it means you can go to the CITIC branch you have chosen to pick up your passport.
Please do not go to your delivery location if your status does not show "ready for pick up" as it means your passport has not reached its final destination for pick up.
The Embassy or the Consulate cannot help you regarding the status of your passport delivery. Please do not contact the Embassy or Consulate regarding the status of your passport delivery.
Instant: Enter your passport number below to check on the status.
Email: Send an e-mail to email@example.com and in the subject and/or body enter a valid passport number exactly as it was entered at the time the appointment was scheduled. Do not include any additional text. You will receive an automatic response with the status.
Online: You can track your passport online here.
Chat and Telephone: You can track your passport with the assistance of our call center via chat or telephone. The call center's contact information and a full description of our call center services, including hours of operation, can be found here.
Collecting Your Passport/Visa
If you chose to collect your passport/visa at the courier office you will need to visit a CITIC Bank branch during normal business hours. To find the CITIC Bank office nearest to you, click here.
If you chose Premium Delivery, EMS will contact you to schedule a date and time for delivery. Someone must be present at your home/office when the courier comes to deliver your passport.
Delivery will be made is as follows:
- Next Business day for main cities;
- 4-5 Working days for remote areas.
EMS will attempt to deliver each Passport a maximum of 5 times. If delivery is not successful, passport will be kept at the EMS office for collection; passports will be returned to the Embassy/Consulate after 15 days if not delivered or collected by the applicant. The Embassy/Consulate and you will then be contacted by the Embassy Consulate to determine how your passport can be returned to you.
Note: If a representative is receiving your passport (even in case of family members) he/she must present some additional documents listed at the bottom of this page.
Expedited Pick-up Location
CITIC Bank has identified branch locations where you can pick up the passport on the same day as we receive it from the Embassy or Consulate General. Should you have an emergency case or need to pick up your passport early, please select one of the CITIC Bank branches listed below as your pickup location. Please note that by selecting this location, you are not applying for expedited visa processing; if you need information on expedited visa processing, please see this page. Your passport will be available for collection once the visa is processed and the Embassy has handed it over to CITIC Bank for delivery.
|Location Name (Routing Code)||Address|
|Beijing - Operations & Business, Investment Plaza||Jia No. 27 Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing|
|Guangzhou - Branch Office||1, 2 Floor, CITIC Plaza, 233 North Tianhe Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong|
|Shanghai - Pacific Plaza||GF, No 1168 Nanjing West Rd, Shanghai|
|Chengdu - Lingshiguan Road||Unit 1 of west zone,Baoli Centre,No 7 of lingshiguan road|
|Shenyang - Nanhu branch||No.50, Cai Ta Street, He Ping District, Shenyang, Liaoning|
Required Documents for Passport Retrieval
To collect your passport you must present your original (not a photocopy) government-issued photo ID. We strongly recommend you also bring a printed copy of your appointment letter that contains your UID number.
If a representative is collecting your passport from the document collection office on your behalf, even in case of family members, the representative must present:
- Their own original government-issued photo ID for identification;
- A photocopy of your government-issued photo ID; and,
- A letter of authority, signed by you, authorizing your representative to collect your passport. The letter of authority must contain the following information:
- Your representative's full name as shown on their government-issued photo ID
- Your name
- Note: In case of a group/family, a single letter of authority with the required information for each of the applicants will be accepted.
- A printed copy of the appointment confirmation letter that contains the UID number.
If the applicant is under the age of 18, the following documents are required:
- An original, signed letter of authority from either of the applicant's parents;
- A clear photocopy of the government-issued photo ID belonging to the parent who signed the applicant's letter of authority; and,
- The representative's original government-issued photo ID.
- School groups can designate one person to collect multiple passports for students and teachers from their institution traveling together. The person picking up the passports must have a signed letter from the school that officially authorizes this person to retrieve the passports on behalf of the group and lists the names of all the group members as they appear in their passports.
- Travel / Intermediary organisations can designate one person to collect multiple passports for all group applicants traveling together. The person picking up the passports must have a signed letter from the Travel / Intermediary organisation that officially authorizes this person to retrieve the passports on behalf of the group and lists the names of all the group members as they appear in their passports, with a signature from every applicant on the document authorizing the pickup on behalf of the applicant. Failure to comply with individual signatures for every single applicant, my lead to CITIC / EMS to refuse to hand-over a specific passport.