Diplomatic and Government Officials
On this page:
G-1 through G-4 visas may be issued to diplomats and other government officials for official travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements which must be met by applicants in order to qualify for A, G or NATO visas under U.S. immigration law.
Applications for A-1, A-2, and G-1 through G-4 visas for Swiss and Liechtenstein nationals must be submitted to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section through the [Office of Foreign Affairs ]. Third country national applications for A-1 and A-2 visas may be submitted directly by mail or courier to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section from accredited diplomatic missions A diplomatic note must accompany all A-1, A-2, and G1 through G-4 visa applications.
Applications for G-1 through G-4 visas may be submitted directly to the U.S. Embassy. All G-1 through G-4 visa applications must be accompanied by a diplomatic note or, for international organizations, an official letter requesting the issuance of a G visa. Non-Swiss applicants must include a copy of their Swiss residency permit or Carte de legitimation. Do not pay an MRV visa application fee through this site, as it will not be refunded.
Note: For any special queries regarding the submission of documents for Diplomatic Visas please contact: email@example.com
Private/Tourism for Diplomatic passport holder, B1/B2
Diplomats applying for a B1/B2 visa can email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview appointment. You will need the following documents for a tourist visa:
- Original Diplomatic passport
- One recent (less than 6 months old), full-face clear photo (in color only) with white background (must be 5x5cm) per applicant. photo requirements
- If you are not a Swiss citizen, a copy of you Swiss residency permit or Carte de legitimation.
- One confirmation page of the DS-160 for each person traveling, including one form per infant and child. Only filled out online forms will be accepted. Incorrect, incomplete and erroneous forms will lead to delays.
- Diplomatic note from the Mission stating applicant’s position, purpose of travel and itinerary.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Processing time will take a minimum of 24 hours in emergencies due to required processing. Average processing time is one week. In certain cases additional administrative processing is needed, this may influence the processing time of individual visa cases. Timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.
Expedited appointments will be made for holders of diplomatic passports on a Wednesday afternoons. Please send an email to email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
An application fee of CHF 160.00 including children and infants must be paid in advance to for all those traveling on non official business with regular or official passports. Please apply for the regular B1/B2 visa. Diplomatic passport holders are exempt from paying the visa fee.
For more information, please visit this web page or consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.