On this page:
Consular customers may bring one modest-size bag into the waiting room area. The size of bags allowed is: 35 cm (length) x 30 cm (height) x 20 (width). Bags larger than this size will not be allowed.
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- Electronic devices are not permitted, including: Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.