Track My Passport
On this page:
Passport/Visa Collection Locations
If your visa application is approved, your passport and visa will be available for pick up at the U.S. Embassy..
Check the Status of Your Visa
You can check the status of your application any time at this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx. Please wait at least three business days following your visa interview to check on the status of your application. The system may not have updated the status of your application prior to that time, and thus the message you receive may not reflect the actual status of your application.
Required Documents for Passport Retrieval
If a representative is collecting your passport from the document collection office on your behalf - even in case of family members - the representative must present:
- Their own original government-issued photo ID for identification
- A photocopy of your government-issued photo ID
- A letter of authority, signed by you, authorizing your representative to collect your passport. The letter of authority must contain the following information:
- Your representative's full name as shown on their government-issued photo ID
- Your name
If the applicant is under the age of 18, the following documents are required:
- An original, signed letter of authority from either of the applicant's parents
- A clear photocopy of the government-issued photo ID belonging to the parent who signed the applicant's letter of authority
- The representative's original government-issued photo ID
Note: In case of a group/family, a single letter of authority with the required information for each of the applicants will be accepted.